KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Lead the development and implementation of organizational program goals, in relation to need and available resources, to facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Evaluate overall program effectiveness based on participation and achievement of stated goals.
• Recommends modifications to improve program performance as appropriate.
• Coordinates program/camp budget development in partnership with management staff.
• Monitors and reports variances in revenues and expenditures.
• Manages administrative and operational processes, as assigned, relating to the maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment and other facilities.
• Manages the performance of assigned Unit Directors and other staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
• Plans and implements a staff development and training program.
• Grant management including writing grant proposals, monitoring progress and reporting on outcomes.
• Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities.
• Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment for designated programs/camps within budgeted limits.
• Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
• Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
• Maintain and monitor organizations’ social media pages.
• May assist in the administration of Club programs by overseeing program operations at each location; ensures the completion of required reports; and preparation of any required interagency reports.
• May be responsible for managing human resources including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, staff training and professional development.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Internal – Maintains close contact with assigned Unit Directors and other staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations. Interacts regularly with Executive Director and, as assigned, with the Board of Directors and its Committees.
• External – Maintains contact with external community groups, schools and others.
• Experience working for a nonprofit or youth development agency
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university or 4 years’ of equivalent experience in a supervisory/management position.
• A minimum of 6 years work experience in a Boy & Girls Club or similar youth-focused organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
• Demonstrated ability in facilities management and staff supervision. Ability to recruit, train and motivate staff to retain key personnel.
• Ability to deal effectively with Club members including discipline problems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with a diverse group of individuals.
• Must be a team player who is able to think logically and analytically.
• Ability to work under pressure and produce results in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with the Executive Director.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.