KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Manage daily operations of the assigned Club and prepare all attendance, participation, community service and any other required reports.
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes by promoting and stimulating program participation and providing guidance and role modeling to members.
• Manage/delegate appropriate responsibilities to program staff.
• Maintain Club rules for all Club members and staff.
• Act as primary contact between the assigned Club and the building Principal. Develop a positive relationship with school district personnel and maintain facilities in accordance with the Building Usage Agreement.
• Organize, direct and implement lesson plans, calendars and curriculum for a diverse Boys & Girls Club program, including the implementation of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programming in each of the 5 core program areas at least once a week.
• Assume responsibility for the implementation and execution of the yearly performance benchmarks associated with the assigned Club/age group.
• Facilitate regular program staff meetings. Assist with staff development and evaluations as needed.
• Participate in regular Program Leader meetings and the development or implementation of special events, initiatives, etc. Attend staff development trainings as necessary (15 hours annually)
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with parents and families of Club members.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Experience working for a nonprofit or youth development agency preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university or 2-3 years’ of equivalent experience in a supervisory/management position.
• Ability to establish positive relationship with a diverse population of youth ages 5 to 18.
• Enthusiastic with good organizational skills.
• Experience with program development, planning and implementation.
• Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Boys & Girls Clubs’ mission, values and goals.
• Comprehensive knowledge of NYS School Age Child Care (SACC) license regulations, requirements, and ensuring their implementation and maintenance in program.
• Must be a team player who is able to think logically and analytically.
• Ability to work under pressure and produce results in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with the Unit Director.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, community groups, and other related agencies.