Development and Communications Manager
KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Ownership of development goals & activities, driving action and engagement of the Executive Director, board and staff
- Ownership of individual & corporate giving annual goal and all associated revenue streams
- Drive major gifts program through use of analysis and activity recommendations, utilizing the board and Executive Director for solicitation activity
- Oversight of all internal and external Club communications, including social media and donor communications
- Drafts and distributes/publishes content for email newsletter, website, press releases & printed materials
- Produce event marketing collateral
- Maintain and update website content
- Produce content across social media platforms and develop a strategic plan to ensure future growth
- Manage social media presence
- Oversee fundraising events
- Researches and recommends public speaking and program presentation opportunities for Executive Director and other leadership
- Communicate regularly with program staff as it relates to information to be used in supporter communications and volunteer opportunities
- Be on-site for volunteer activities as needed
- Identify and cultivate individuals and corporations toward effective engagement and philanthropic support
- Attend third-party events as a representative of TOWBGC
- Ensure that donors, volunteers and third-party supporters are stewarded and recognized for their efforts on a continual basis throughout the year
- With the Executive Director, builds and maintains relationships with members of the community
- Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of two to four years of work experience in fundraising, public relations or marketing or at least two to four years of work in a similar capacity in a nonprofit environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience with website management.
- Experience in written content creation.
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience in social media management.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work extremely well as part of a team housed in multiple locations.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job