KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Provide leadership and direction to the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the effective operation of all development activities required to fund Club operations and deliver programs within the community.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director and Board, develop and implement a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development efforts:
o Researches and analyzes agency, corporate, individual and foundation donor base and recommended solicitation strategies.
o Prepares and present for approval proposals for corporate and foundation support of the Club, using current cultivation and solicitation materials.
o Works with Club management to solicit corporations, gifts and civic groups for donations and other supports.
o Oversees planning of logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships and solicitation of gifts and preparing related printed materials and publications.
o Designs and implements direct mail programs.
o Provides support for various fundraising projects/initiatives assigned by Executive Director, such as endowments, major gifts and planned giving.
o Increase visibility of Club development activities and maintain good public relations.
• Ensure the evaluation of development activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
• Identify, recruit and train board members to participate in solicitation and other income development activities.
• Encourage and support board committees responsible for planning and implementing development activities.
• Participate in the development implementation and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget, controlling expenditures within budget and maintaining donor and financial records in accordance with standards.
• Develop strategic alliance with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
• Ensure design and development of public relations documents for use in the promotion of fundraising and education of the public, including press releases. Ensure the development and distribution of marketing documents.
• Internal – Maintain oral and written contact with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, staff peers, and volunteers for the purpose of exchange of information, to provide progress reports regarding activities and planned programs and to coordinate events.
• External – Maintain oral and written contact with other agencies, business leaders. Community groups, board s of directors of such organizations, and the media for exchanging information and ideas and for fundraising.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in nonprofit agency operations, specifically in the fundraising field, sales/marketing or equivalent experience. Experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar nonprofit preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques, and sources of funding for nonprofit agencies and organizations; including knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to fundraising issues.
• Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of nonprofit organizations, youth development services preferred.
• Ability to organize and coordinate fundraising operations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups and other related agencies.
• Knowledge of accessing and managing donor database.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must be a team player who is able to think logically and analytically.
• Ability to work under pressure and produce results in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.