KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Establish Club programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a Club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes, meets curricula benchmarks and ensures growth for Club members.
• Oversee the maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies to create a health and safe environment for Club members.
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Club programs, services, activities and curricula to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests.
• Compile regular reports reflecting, but not limited to, all activities, attendance and participation. Submit reports in a timely manner.
• Recommend modifications to improve program performance as appropriate.
• Coordinates assigned Clubs’ budget development in partnership with management staff. Oversees expenditures to ensure compliance with budget for each supervised Club. Monitors and reports variances in revenues and expenditures.
• Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups.
• Ensure compliance with organization policies.
• Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for Club staff and volunteers.
• Conduct regular staff meetings with bi-annual performance evaluations.
• Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations within the areas the Club serves.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities with in the Club and the community.
• Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment for designated programs within budgeted limits.
• Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
• Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan when needed.
• May assist in the administration of assigned Club programs by overseeing program operations at each location; ensures the completion of required reports; and preparation of any required interagency reports.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Internal – Maintains close contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with Club members as needed to assist with advise, counsel and/or discipline.
• External – Maintains contact with external community groups, schools and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Club.
• Experience working for a nonprofit or youth development agency preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university or 4 years’ of equivalent experience in a supervisory/management position.
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar youth-focused organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
• Demonstrated ability in facilities management and staff supervision. Ability to recruit, train and motivate staff to retain key personnel.
• Ability to deal effectively with Club members including discipline problems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with a diverse group of individuals.
• Must be a team player who is able to think logically and analytically.
• Ability to work under pressure and produce results in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with the Program Director.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.