BACKPACKS for HOPE
As the school year winds down, the Town of Wallkill Boys & Girls Club also turns its attention to the start of next school year and the financial hardship it can bring for many families. Join our partnership of local host sites and donors in our BACKPACKS for HOPE effort that collects and distributes backpacks and other school supplies for children in need throughout northern Orange and Sullivan Counties.
If you are interested in becoming a host site, please sign and return the form below by Wednesday, July 11th. Collection site set-up and signage supplies will be delivered to your organization on July 16th.
From July 16th-August 16th, host sites will publicize their role as a BACKPACKS for HOPE host site and collect backpacks and other necessary school supplies.
On August 17th, Club staff and volunteers will collect all donated items from host sites.
Backpacks and accompanying supplies will be distributed to families before the start of the new school year between August 27th-August 31st.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as resources allow.
If you are interested in contributing, but cannot visit one of our host sites, you can still donate below! If you have any questions or concerns, give our office a call at (845)342-8833!
Interested in Applying?
If you are interested in applying for your child(ren) to receive school supplies through Backpacks for Hope, please print and fill out the appropriate application below. Instructions for submission can be found on the first page of each application.
Children who do not attend Boys & Girls Clubs' before or after school programs and/or our summer day day camps are required to also submit financial documentation to be considered.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as our resources allow by the date below.
If submitting for multiple children, please fill out a separate application for each child.
The application MUST be received by our office no later than August 10, 2018.
Host Site Locations
Thank you to this year's host site locations! We couldn't do this without YOU! Stop by these locations between July 16 to August 16 to donate backpacks and other school supplies today! (Check back often as more locations may be added)
- Allstate: 50 Carpenter Avenue, Middletown
- Bethel Woods Center for the Arts: 200 Hurd Road, Bethel
- Catskill Regional Medical Center: 68 Harris Bushville Road, Harris
- County of Sullivan: 100 North Street, Monticello
- Crystal Run Healthcare:
- 95 Crystal Run Road, Middletown
- 155 Crystal Run Road, Middletown
- 109 Rykowski Lane, Middletown
- 61 Emerald Place, Rock Hill
- Jeff Bank:
- 4499 State Route 17B, Callicoon
- 561 Route 55, Eldred
- 4864 State Route 52, Jeffersonville
- 19 Church Street, Liberty
- 33 Main Street, Livingston Manor
- 1278 State Route 52, Loch Sheldrake
- 18 Anawana Lake Road, Monticello
- 19 Forestburgh Road, Monticello
- 155 Kirk Road, Narrowsburg
- 20-22 Fowler Street, Port Jervis
- 1460 State Route 17B, White Lake
- 2930 US Route 209, Wurtsboro
- Liberty Fitness Center: 85 North Main Street, Liberty
- Misner Agency:
- 52 Main Street, Livingston Manor
- 192 Tower Drive Suite 300, Middletown
- 754 Route 284, Westtown
- 489 State Route 52, Woodbourne
- Nebrasky Plumbing: 1019 Route 17M, Suite 3, Monroe
- River Reporter: 93 Erie Avenue, Narrowsburg
- Ross Electric: 431 Twin Bridge Road, Ferndale
- Town of Mt. Hope Town Hall: 1706 Route 211 West, Otisville
- Town of Neversink Town Hall: PO Box 307 273 Main Street, Grahamsville
- Town of Wallkill Town Hall: 99 Tower Drive, Middletown
Unable to contribute school supplies, but still want to donate to BACKPACKS for HOPE? Just click the button below to donate now.