KEY ROLES: (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Monitor programs, services and activities to ensure safety of the Club members and quality of the programs.
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes by promoting and stimulating program participation and providing guidance and role modeling to members.
• Maintain Club rules for all Club members and staff.
• Implement lesson plans, calendars and curriculum for a diverse Boys & Girls Club program, including the implementation of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programming in each of the 5 core program areas at least once a week.
• Participate in regular program staff meetings and the development or implementation of special events, initiatives, etc. Attend staff development trainings as necessary (15 hours annually)
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with parents and families of Club members.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Experience volunteering/working for a nonprofit or youth development agency preferred.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and experience working with school aged children.
• Ability to establish positive relationship with a diverse population of youth ages 5 to 18.
• Enthusiastic with good organizational skills.
• Knowledge of youth development.
• Ability to organize and supervise children in a safe environment.
• Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
• Knowledge of the Boys & Girls Clubs’ mission, values and goals.
• Knowledge of NYS School Age Child Care (SACC) license regulations, requirements, and ensuring their implementation and maintenance in program.
• Must be a team player who is able to think logically and analytically.
• Ability to work under pressure and produce results in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, community groups, and other related agencies.